Friday, April 27, 2012

RED IS, by Yolanda Adele

 
After reading the wonderful book, Hailstones and Halibut Bones, Adventures in Color, by Mary Le Duc O’Neill, several writers took up the challenge of writing about color. Here is Yolanda’s tribute to “red.”  Do you think, as I do, that she created a vivid snapshot of a bright red moment?





Red is: Loud, not to be ignored;

   Red is: Bold like the bull-fighter’s defiant pose;

Red is: Glowing eyes of the bull;

  Red is: The satin of the matador’s cape;

Red is: Sand wet with blood;

Red is: Scent of roses, a sultry senorita throws in the bull ring;

Red is passion that smolders to be

 Unleashed.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Yolanda, your bright red talent is REMARKABLE! Your depiction of the color red's dramatic nature has brought home to me why red has always been my favorite color. Always having been of a fairly sanguine nature, (or so I have thought of myself) your poem has graphically spoken to me of my insistent underlying passionate stirrings, smoldering and flaming in the depths of my being. Yolanda, keep on writing. You pull out your readers' inner passions! I love you, Peggy Knorr

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Charlotte ~

    Wow! Hot hot hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ending!!!!!!! - "passion that smolders to be unleashed."

    ReplyDelete
  4. A short analogy yet so right on. You chose the right description for red. It's boldness cannot be ignored, will not be ignored, and demands action. It is seldom gentle in its passion, nothing like the softness you bring to others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yolanda, Are you collecting your poems in oder to publish them??? I love the way you write and I am sure many, many others would enjoy it too if you made a book of your writings.. The images you create, using only just a few words, pull me into many levels of awareness conjuring up meanings of dramatic import, reaching down to wells of emotion that yearn to be recognized. You not only touch my heart but you touch my soul deep down with penetrating knowingness and satisfaction. I am waiting to hold your book in my hands and close to my heart! Sincerely, Peggy

    ReplyDelete