Tuesday, August 23, 2011

G is for “Growth,” By Barbara Goodhue

One of the reasons I love this class so much is that it has helped me to grow as a person, as a writer, and as a teacher. Barbara reminds us that we must be seeking places that nourish our hearts and minds; and when we have found such a place, we need to come back for more. ~ Bonnie

This class has been a place for growth, generosity, goals and good times. It has motivated me to start writing some memoirs. However, I have a long way to go.

People love to be generous with their stories. Everyone has a good time trying to meet their goals. We all enjoy listening to the stories people write, which are very good and about a variety of places and experiences. I think I have grown by being able to write, and I am very grateful to all who have contributed to my growth by allowing me to listen to their stories. Sometimes I am envious of those who are so good at writing. Maybe with time I will grow and get better.

2 comments:

  1. Keep on writing Barbara, it's all about the process. You have wonderful stories to share and best of all you're a wonderful person to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I do so enjoy your stories! No one else could read them like you do and give them such character. I have always felt others write better than me so don't feel alone thinking you aren't good. We all feel that way. But each contributes so much and the fellowship and commonality of this writing group makes us better writers so keep those great stories coming.

    ReplyDelete